Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Big head

Last night was the first chance I've had since clearing the Engine codes (note previous post) to take my car for a spin. I had to find myself a gas station to fill up her tank at 11 o'clock at night as she was just about running on fumes.
Because I am still unfamiliar with the area I live in from a vehicular access perspective, I am still relying on my navigation system to get me to places. Luckily it is programmed with several hundered thousand points of interest, such as .. gas stations.
I can't read enough Japanese to use my navi to the fullest, but I was able to select individual gas stations in my area.
1 by 1 I entered a gas station, drove there and discovered it was closed, then on to the next, and the next.
After the third try, I gave up, and decided to just drive around a little more to check that the engine was OK, and then head back home.
I turned off the Navi, and just decided to follow my own path, anticipating that I would get completely lost (which I enjoy) and then using the Navi to get home again.
As it turns out, I did get lost.. But I started recognising the surroundings I was in and realised that I had driven in a round about way to the sportcenter where I go swimming sometimes.
Interestingly enough, a little further down the road I found a 24/7 gas station. YAY! Funny how when you stop looking you find what you want.

The gas station
I pulled into the gas station, one of the larger ones I have seen so far in Tokyo, and within seconds of winding down my window the attendant was excited and exclaiming how cool my car was (as if I didn't know.. geez). But it wasn't long before the other attendants came over to have a look, and the questions started pouring. "What kind of car is this?", "What country is it from?", "What's the engine?". The level of enthusiasm and the flow of compliments about the exterior and interior made me feel like THE MAN. I again re-affirmed that my choice in vehicles is top notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment